Financing small-scale water supply and sanitation systems
Fecha publicación: 14/07/2020
Key concepts and case examples from pan-European countries were presented at the webinar ‘Don’t forget the small ones’.
Costing and financing of small-scale water and sanitation systems in the pan-European region is a challenge. During the webinar ‘Don’t forget the small ones’ a publication (available in English and Russian) was launched on this broad topic.
The webinar introduced the key concepts of the publication and presented case studies on the costing and financing of small-scale water and sanitation systems in Europe and included:
- Costing and financing of small-scale water and sanitation services – Stef Smits and Catarina Fonseca, IRC
- Findings on financing for rural water supply and sanitation services in the Danube region – Susanna Smets, World Bank
- Assisting small water supplies in southern Germany with calculating tariffs and costs - Steffen Krause and Christian Platschek, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany
- How to assess costs in small water systems in Portugal? - Alexandra Gonçalves da Cunha, Water and Waste Services Regulation Authority, Portugal
- Ways to improve financing in small water supply and sanitation systems in the Republic of Moldova - Corina Andronic, Skat Foundation, Republic of Moldova
Both the webinar and the publication were developed under the Protocol on Water and Health.
The publication can be accessed via the Resources below and all the presentations and discussions can be found in the downloads.
Link to the publication
Authors: Smits, S., Fonseca, C., IRC
Páginas: x, 39 p. : 8 boxes, 4 fig., 2 tab.